A general glossary of terms.
- Popular Wii U emulator. Download link: http://cemu.info/
- In some files, some strings can be comments, and not actual scripts or code. This means that the game will ignore these bits of text entirely. They exist solely to help people who read the file understand where they are and how the file works. Most of the time, text that is a comment comes after a symbol, like a #.
- Popular GameCube and Wii emulator. Download link: https://dolphin-emu.org/
- Generator, Gen
- Data about where and how an object should spawn on an area or cave.
- Name given to the collection of files that make up a console game. Also known as a ROM.
- Short name for "Pikmin". Only used in the game files, though.
- See ISO.
- Path the Pikmin take to carry objects. In Pikmin 3, this can also be the path used by leaders to walk with the Go Here! function, Pikmin returning to a Burgeoning Spiderwort, etc.
- In layout files, this can refer to the location of the Hocotate ship, the Research Pod, or the Onions in 2-Player Battle. The ID is probably 7 in the case of the latter.
- Japanese for "enemy" (てき).
- The unedited version of a game or a file.